I’m very pleased to mention that Asia Signature is nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award! It’s an award for new and upcoming blogs. We feel grateful and honored. What a great motivation to keep going and write our stories.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Carla Bauto Deña from the Inspired Space to nominate our blog. She’s from the Philippines and shares the experiences of freelancers and entrepreneurs who got out of the rat race to pursue their passion. She believes that you can start pursuing your passion right where you are, in your own inspired space.
AND I would like to thank Amy from Beauty Chaos. Yes, you read it correctly. Asia Signature has been nominated twice! Amy grew up in a small town in Ohio near Cleveland, and about four years ago, she moved to Southern California. Amy is a real beauty junkie. She reviews products so other people can learn from her product wins and losses. (As this nomination got in after I’ve already written my blog post, I will follow up on Carla’s questions)
I hereby, officially accept the Liebster Award nomination meaning I have to follow up on the tasks that come with this nomination:
- Share 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions from the one who nominated you
- Pass on the nomination to other bloggers
A. 10 random facts about me
- When I was younger, I never really liked the color pink. I found it was too girly and I have always avoided things that are too common or too mainstream. That’s why, for instance, I didn’t follow fashion trends but have always bought what I like. Funny fact is, that when I got older I have embraced the color pink. Nowadays, I like to express my femininity and it actually became my signature color as you can see on my blog.
- Tea is my favorite drink and I really like Sencha green and Chai tea (latte).
- My favorite lipstick shade is a brown pinkish nude with a little shine. I’m not so enthusiastic about those matte tinted lipsticks.
- I have 3 tattoos.
- I like to watch Formula 1.
- My favorite sport of this moment is boxing. It builds up stamina, strength and after a lesson, I’m dead tired but it gives you so much energy at the same time. My mindset has changed. I want to keep up. I want to make it until the end of the lesson. Boxing makes you want to reach your goals and not giving up.
- When I’m off work, I’d like to spend time and energy in my family. They are the most precious to me.
- Was born in June which makes me a Cancer and most characteristics of that astrological sign do seem to match.
- When I’m in a sugar rush, my go to would be chocolate. I just love chocolate!
- I like quotes. They inspire and lets you think. My favorite one: “Acts say more than words”.
B. My answers to Carla’s questions
- What/who inspires you to travel this world?
Of course, my first and biggest reason to travel was knowing that I wasn’t born in the country I grew up in. That made me curious to my birthplace and country. Meanwhile, I have traveled a lot since and what I like about traveling is getting to know new cultures, food, and people.
- What is the scariest thing you have ever experienced?
Luckily I didn’t experience anything scary or not sufficient enough to mention.
- If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
I really had to Google, which Superheroes actually exist! So I’ve found this girl “Raven”.
She’s not very popular and appearing much in the big Marvel movies, but she did find quite a bit of popularity when Cartoon Network came out with Teen Titans. But this superheroine has a crazy amount of special abilities, so I got quite intrigued by her.
Raven can heal herself and others almost instantly (even near fatal wounds), can travel to different dimensions, can teleport, has the ability to fly within atmospheres and in space, and can astral project to extend her ability to see and hear far from her physical body. She can fight in her astral form as well.
She’s also able to manipulate shadows and create darkness, manipulate almost any form of energy from human emotions to actual reality, and can create hallucinations in other people’s minds. She can also induce unconsciousness with magic and create terrifying flames and electric explosions. (source: screenrant)
- If you were going to be a character in someone’s book, who would you like to write it?
That would be George R.R Martin, the famous writer of the epic fantasy novels, A Song of Ice and Fire, which was later adapted into the HBO series Game of Thrones. Amazing story with great characters.
- If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
I would leave sticky notes for people I love and they would find it somewhere unexpectedly. It would have a message expressing my love for them. And I would leave a “friendly” think-me-over-note to the ones who were not that friendly to me, without my name but for sure they would know it came from me, haha.
- What is the one experience this year (2017) you’re most thankful for?
Knowing that I have some true friends in my life. Having friends like that is priceless.
C. My nominations
I’m going to pass this Liebster Award nomination to 5 bloggers who I think deserve it. They are working very hard to make their blog a success and I like their content because of personal interests:
My 6 questions for the nominees:
- Do you blog full time?
- What’s the funniest thing you have ever done?
- What’s your favorite place in the world?
- Name 3 items you can’t do without.
- What are the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
- What’s the closest thing to real magic?
Good luck nominees!
Please link your Liebster Award nomination posts in the comment section below. Have fun!